• 2.jpg
  • 2a.jpg
  • 2b.jpg
  • 2c.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 11.jpg




The Crown Bar is a registered company under the Stay and Spend Government Scheme.

The Stay and Spend Scheme will run from the 1st October 2020 to the 30th April 2021. The credit will be available to tax payers who incur qualifying expenditure. Total qualifying expenditure over the tax years is €625 per person

The maximum tax credit available under scheme is €125 per person, or €250 in the case of a person who is married or in a civil partnership and is jointed assessed to tax on that basis.

In line with the minimum spend threshold, each taxpayer must have incurred expenditure of at least €25 in each individual transaction in order to include it in his or her claim.

Food may be served with or without non-alcoholic drink, but where drink (either alcoholic or non-alcoholic) is served without food is not a qualifying service. If non-alcoholic drinks are provided on a “sit-in” basis without any food, for example a number of hot drinks, the cost will not be qualifying expenditure regarding where or not the minimum spend requirement is met.

When food is provided with hot drinks, both the hot drinks and the food will be qualifying expenditure, subject to the combined cost meeting the minimum spend requirement.

Alcoholic drinks are not included in the qualifying expenditure. Soft Drinks are included with food in the qualifying expenditure.

What is the Value of the Tax Credit?

20% of the qualifying expenditure incurred between 1st October 2020 and 30th April 2021 and €125 per person or, in the case of married persons or civil partners who are jointly assessed to tax €250.

This means that qualifying expenditure over the life of the Stay and Spend scheme is capped at €625 per person or, in the case of married persons or civil partners who are jointly assessed to tax on that basis €1250.

How will the relief be given?

The Stay and Spend tax credit will be off set against the taxpayer’s income tax liability in the year of assessment and will be applied after all other allowances, deductions or reliefs have been given to the taxpayer.

How to Make a Claim

The quickest and easiest way for taxpayers to submit their receipt and details of expenditure incurred will be through the new revenue Receipts Tracker App. The Receipts Tracker service is also available through my Account for taxpayers using desktop or laptop computers.

Download the Revenue Receipts Tracker App. This replaces the existing Revenue App. 

Login using either ROS or myAccount login details to access the App.

If taxpayers choose to sync their receipts, this will assist them in the completion of their annual income tax return.

This recommended as taxpayers will therefore not be required to retain paper copies of their receipts in these circumstances, as Revenue will store a digital copy securely for later use when the taxpayer is completing the annual tax return.

Taxpayers can record details of any qualifying expenditure as soon as they have incurred it.  Where a bill for qualifying expenditure has been split between two or more people, each taxpayer should only record the share of the bill which they have paid for.

  • Tax payers should select “Stay and Spend” from the list of categories available. 
  • Choose what type of service(s) they received from the three options available:  accommodation, accommodation and food or food
  • Input the name of the business that provided the service, date and expenditure incurred.
  • Click Add image and upload a copy of receipt

When to make a Claim

Taxpayers will be required to submit a claim for the stay and spend tax credit on their annual tax return.

Period:   1st October – 31s December 2020 included in tax payers year 2020.

Period from 1st January – 30th April 2021 included in tax payers year 2021

All claims must be made within 4 years from the end of the tax year in which qualifying expenditure incurred.

Taxpayers will receive any credit due to them shortly after they have submitted a claim.


Taxpayers in receipt of PAYE income will be required to submit a Form 12 to claim the Stay and Spend tax credit.

Chargeable Persons

Must include details of any claim for Stay and Spend tax credit in their annual Form 11, which can be filled and submitted via ROS.

Stay and Spend at the Crown Bar Wexford



Riverside Park HotelVisit our sister Hotels


Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford


Midlands Park Hotel
Town Centre, Portlaoise, Co. Laois


"The beer is good, the pub comfortable and feels cosy despite being huge, and dear god the food is excellent"

Liam O'Connor

Contact Us

To get in touch with the team at the Crown Bar see below, or visit the contact page:

Phone 053 91 21480
web www.crownbar.ie

© 2021 Crown Bar Wexford
Website by aztecdesign.ie
Back to Top

We're Open 

We are now open and following all current government guidelines. To avoid disappointment, we advise you book a table by calling 053-9121480. Please be aware there is a max of 6 people per table and a time limit of 105 minutes.

Facemasks are necessary when entering/exiting the bar, and when going to the bathroom and smoking area. 

Thank you!


Crown Bar Wexford